The hacklab is spread across 3 rooms.
Main Lab – G1
The Main Lab is where most activity takes place, whether a group of people working on a software project or somebody working on some electronics. The soothing ambient tunes of Internet radio SomaFM or more upbeat Scenesat often play from the Hi-Fi.
At the right end is range of electronics related equipment including
- Soldering iron & hot air station (Aoyue 968)
- Binocular microscope – Ideal for soldering small projects
- Oscilloscopes. Lots of ’em, from Tek boat-anchors to a shiny new Rigol digital ‘scope.
- Bench Power supplies
- Signal generator
- Lots of resistors, capacitors, and other standard components
- Every type of cable, convertor and adapter imaginable (and a few unimaginable….)
Workshop – G2
The workshop has a range of equipment and tools.
- Laser Cutter – Ideal for cutting materials such as ply, acrylic, paper, card etc.
- Makerbot Cupcake 3D printer
- Pillar drill + various bits
- Milling machine (converted for CNC operation)
- Myford ML3 Lathe (manufactured pre 1941!) For turning both metal and wood
- Assorted hand tools (hacksaws, files, screwdrivers, hammers etc)
Storage Room – G8
The storage room. Each Hacklab member has a storage box along with general storage of bigger bits of equipment that is used less frequently.